Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sweet Sadness....

I am sad tonight. I am happy tonight. I’m happy that someone could make me feel this sad. It tells me that I am human. It makes me feel alive. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. Life is a patchwork, you know - here and there, scraps of pleasure and despair joined together, hit or miss. And love, as I have come to understand it, has its own time, its own season, and its own reasons for coming and going. You cannot bribe it or coerce it or reason it into staying. You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to you. So I suppose I have to take the good with the bad. As Sinatra so beautifully sang: "But for someone you adore - it is a pleasure to be sad."

No comments:

Post a Comment